Friday 17 April 2015

Upholstery weekend!

I took the plunge and ran a upholstery weekend at the house. Ultimately this is my business plan- running work shops, and designing and making from home. This was a bit premature as we're still living on a building site but I transformed two of the derelict rooms into work space.
People brought a long different projects- head boards, blanket boxes, foot stalls and an arm chair. I provided all the tools and ordered in any extra materials such as foam.

We had lunch in our cottage and plenty of tea and cake was dished up! 
I hope to run more before the house is finished, but eventually I'll have proper purpose workshop spaces sorted!
Day workshop price: 10am-5pm, £95.  lunch/tea and cake provided. Bring along any project and gain skills and knowledge to transform it! A lovely opportunity to meet with like minded people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Chandelier

Wooden Chandelier
Maison et Objet exhibiton. A bespoke commission for Liberty London came from this show.