Monday 19 October 2015

Kitchen moving forward

The units have been painted, mostly installed, now we're just waiting to tile! I love the colours- the top units are 'ball room blue' and the bottom are Farrow and Ball 'St Giles Blue'.

It all looks a bit slick and contemporary at this stage! We're adding some original character back in by putting an inglenook oven surround.....
....oak beams and Mexican tiles, which is what I've had my heart set on for years! 

I had the knobs custom made, as I couldn't seem to find any off the peg that were this big and dark lacquered. They worked out way cheaper than getting them from the kitchen retailer, and they have a lovely hand made look.
This kitchen island is made from reclaimed pine, we know an amazing carpenter who's really cheap- I drew him a picture of the kind of thing I wanted- and supplied him with these chicken hutch wheels from eBay and this was the result....so pleased with it-
The kitchen space can be multi purpose, as the island can be moved around to change the layout.

Somewhere down the line (when I've saved up a few more pennies!) I want to create a Mexican mural with a giant cockerel and tiles similar to these-
Hopefully that'll make everything feel homely, warmer and add some character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Chandelier

Wooden Chandelier
Maison et Objet exhibiton. A bespoke commission for Liberty London came from this show.