Thursday 21 January 2016

Rupert's room

It's ridiculous how much stuff we had stored away- things collected on our travels to South America and the Caribbean that I haven't even had out before...I knew there was a reason to hold onto everything rather than cull everything when we moved! 

Here's a mood board I put together, I just wanted his room to be bright, fresh yet homely...

Ruperts room before-
After...
Mix of old and new furniture, the chest of drawers is an eBay bargain made of elm wood. 

The giant balsa wood toucan, brought in Equador, has been proudly displayed in every house I've lived in, from students  flats to rented houses and even caused a fall out between my divorced parents over who looked after him! 
Here is his final home and I think he looks rather happy next to the tropical Roman blind, which I made before we moved in. 
I made this hand printed chair a few years ago, fits with the theme in his room. 

Home made wall stickers inspired by a visit to Cuba. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Chandelier

Wooden Chandelier
Maison et Objet exhibiton. A bespoke commission for Liberty London came from this show.