Monday 15 February 2016

Stair runner

I really wanted something modern and bright, yet functional and homely to go up the stairs. Lots of carpet shops sell really dodgy old fashioned ones, but I managed to find a pretty nice company called 'Dash and Albert' who sell various rugs in different sizes which you join together to make a runner.
They sounded easy enough to install, you just had to have a few upholstery tools....staple gun,upholstery hammer, tack remover, back tack (which is long strips of card to do neat hidden folds)
I have all the tools from my other upholstery work. 
This was the chosen pattern- they're call indoor/outdoor rugs witch are made to suit high traffic areas, and can be easily cleaned- made from recycled plastics. 
Here's the Stairs finished- I absolutely love it and it's exactly what I had in mind. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Chandelier

Wooden Chandelier
Maison et Objet exhibiton. A bespoke commission for Liberty London came from this show.